Sunday, March 6, 2011

Asiago



Yep, you guessed it! This is where they make the delicious Asiago cheese. If you haven't tried it, drive to the grocery store right now and buy some so you can actually start living your life. It is so good! Especially when it is authentic, and actually made in Asiago.

This cute little town is about an hour drive north of us, and it is quite the adventurous drive! There were quite a few white knuckle moments as we drove up the mountains on a two lane road. There's not too much to do in this town except walk around, eat some good food, ski (when there is snow), and buy cheese! And we did all of those things.

This is the town hall of Asiago. Isn't this a great building?


Quaint streets and shops of Asiago.


We unexpectedly ran into some friends from our ward! It was fun hanging out with them.


We got some yummy treats at Casa del Dolce. Apple strudels... chocolate cream puffs... yum.

Say Cheese! (I know I am so cheesy) hahahaha!

But seriously, the cheese is so good. We got a soft Asiago cheese and a hard Asiago cheese and some freshly made pasta. The next day, I made a culinary triumph. Fresh pasta with homemade Bolognese sauce, topped with delicious Asiago cheese. One of the best meals of my life. Seriously.

We ended the day with a visit to the World War I memorial. It was closed, unfortunately, so we couldn't get closer than this. It was an enjoyable day in beautiful Asiago!

2 comments:

Ria said...

So, I facebook stalked you till I found your blog, and now I'm violently jealous and completely in love with where you live. You have a charmed life!! Miss you in the states! Love, Maria

Allison Rosdahl said...

Aw, Maria! I miss you!! Please come visit me!