Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Valentines in Germany

Dal and I in front of the resort.

The weekend before Valentine's day this year, our battalion had a couples retreat at the Edelweiss Resort in Garmisch, Germany. Edelweiss is a resort reserved for members of the military and their families located at the foot of the beautiful Bavarian alps. This was our first time going to Edelweiss and I hope we will be able to come back in the future. The resort is lovely, with all of the amenities of a nice American hotel. This was very refreshing because European hotel standards are not nearly as high as those in America. With American-style restaurants at the resort, as well, the weekend in Edelweiss was a little like coming home to the USA for a short bit.

On the retreat, we attended some classes by the chaplain, ate some good food, explored the little town of Garmisch, I got a lovely prenatal massage at the spa, and we relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful views of the mountains.

Din din.

The Alps.

Walking to downtown Garmisch.

A freezing cold stream.

It was pretty cold. And we were moving pretty slow  because I was so afraid of slipping and falling

We stopped at a little cafe to get some hot chocolate and apple studels! Yum!

Downtown Garmisch.




1 comment:

Vindie said...

That looks really fun! Getting away anywhere is so nice! How nice that you could feel like you were in the US for the weekend!