 |
| This is not my picture. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of us at the temple. |
On one of the days that we were in Switzerland, we made a voyage to the Bern, Switzerland temple. Me, Dallin, my mom, and dad all did a session, while Susannah and Travis were able to do baptisms. It was so wonderful to go to the temple! I don't think we have been able to go since we were in California, last November. Going to the temple was something that I needed very much. It is hard, because this temple really is the closest temple to us, about a 5 hour and 20 min drive, that is, without traffic. However, usually there is about 2 hours of traffic waiting to get through the Gotthard Tunnel, making it more like a 7 and a half hour journey from Vicenza! Much different from the days when the Oakland Temple was just 20 minutes down the freeway. But nonetheless, it will always be worth the journey!
After visiting the temple we decided to go to the actual city of Bern. It is actually quite a charming city! I enjoyed it a lot.
 |
| I was the tour guide in Bern. Here we are in front of one of Bern's many colorful, historic fountains |
 |
| This is the market of Bern. It was lovely, with so many delicious foods! I wish that Vicenza had a market like this. Our market is mostly cheap clothes and housewares, not anything I am really interested in. I want the food! |
 |
| This is the Zytglogge-Turm, Bern's famous clock tower. |
 |
| A close-up of the clock. It is famous, because at the top of each hour, the little people and animals on it come to life. It may not seem to impressive to us, in this day and age, but in 1530, when this clock was first installed, it was quite the exciting innovation. |
 |
| This is Kramgasse one of the main streets in Bern. There were lots of fun shops there and it was fun to just walk around. |
 |
| The symbol of Bern is the bear, so they have an enclosed hillside in the city where several bears frolic and can be observed by the tourists. Bern has been housing bears within the city since 1857. |
 |
| A view of Bern and the Aare River. |
 |
| Bern and the Nydegg Bridge. |
 |
| This is a very colorful depiction of the last judgement under one of the archways of the Bern Cathedral |
 |
| Barry S. Neal |
No comments:
Post a Comment