Sunday, August 1, 2010

Honeymoon


The day after my perfect day, Dallin and I flew to Honolulu. We spent two weeks on Oahu! It was so nice and relaxing. Our favorite activity: lying on the beach and soaking up the sun.

We rented a condo in Makaha and stayed on the Waianae side of the island which had its positives and negatives.

Positives:
  • Our condo we rented was really nice and new, and also very inexpensive.
  • Our condo complex was on a beautiful beach that was hardly ever crowded. It is a public beach but no one seems to know about it because the condos block any view of it. Most days we had the beach to ourselves.
  • It is a lot less touristy on this side of the island. It was the really Hawaiian part of Oahu.
Negatives:
  • It was really far from a lot of the attractions and other cities, especially the North Shore because there is no road that goes along the West side of the island.
  • Whenever we told people where we were staying, people would always tell us to be careful because the crime is worse over there. We didn't have any problems though! Our complex was gated and there was always a security guard.
View from our condo, no joke.

It was a great trip! We of course lounged on our "private" beach,

hiked in a beautiful forest,

visited Pearl Harbor, the USS Missouri and Bowfin,

shopped in Waikiki,

went surfing (sorry, unfortunately no pictures of that),

visited the Dole Pineapple Plantation (yum)

went to a luau

and we went kayaking.

It was exactly the honeymoon that we needed after that wonderful, but also stressful day in our lives.

1 comment:

Susan Neal said...

Awesome! I found your blog, now I can stop bugging your Mom about how you're doing! Your Hawaii trip sounds heavenly, really. The longest I've stayed in Hawaii is 10days and I always feel like I could stay longer, so relaxing! Ok girl...MORE! I want to hear about your trip to Asia!