Monday, March 29, 2010
Spring is here, and you know what this Spring brings!
It has been nearly 2 months since my last update. My bad. Spring Break was fantastic. Allison and I had a great time just being together. Highlights of the trip were probably spending time with the Bates family (Allison's Dad's sister and family), hanging out with the Rosdahls (Utah), the Torgerson's (sp.) and just each other. We went skiing at Brighton, saw a sweet concert by Copeland, went to a Jazz game, ran a 5k, and went to class. It was great to be together for such an extended period of time. But now are eyes are set on a few pivotal events which are rapidly approaching in the future.
1. Allison is graduating from BYU! Well, technically she won't until this fall when she completes her independent study classes that she will take when we are in South Carolina, but BYU is letting her walk. I am so proud of her though for graduating college and finishing that part of her education. I always wanted to marry a bright woman, and Allison is brilliant!
2. I graduate from the United States Military Academy!!!! Oh man. I can still remember when my Dad and Mom took me out to New York to drop me off way back on June 26, 2004! These past 6 years have been the hardest, greatest, longest, shortest, and most life changing to date. I cannot believe that in 54 short days my time at West Point will be complete. I am elated to say the least.
3. The same day as graduation I will be commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army, the greatest army to ever exist in the history of humanity. That is exciting. I am excited to serve my country and do my part to protect the citizens of this country.
But....the most important thing to happen this Spring is of course....
4. ALLISON AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED!! As Allison so aptly reminded me with her recent facebook album title, our engagement has seemed to be neverending! We went on our first date on July 29th, 2008. First kiss was on July 31, and we were engaged May 21st 2009. I cannot put into words the gratitude and love that I have for her and all that she does for me in my life. She has been the most incredible friend and support these past few years and I am so excited to begin our life together as Mr. and Mrs. Rosdahl.
With all of this going on it is difficult for me to keep my bearings on life and take things one day at a time. The last major life stage movement came on June 26th 2004. And this next one will begin through the passing at graduation to the altar of the Oakland Temple with Allison at 10:00 am on Saturday June 5th, 2010 when Allison and I are married and sealed for eternity together. I cannot believe how much the Lord loves me and has blessed me these past 6 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow talk about big life changes. I guess go big or go home. I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see my older brother sealed to a great girl soon!
Dang it, everybody's Spring Break was this week, except for my school!
Post a Comment