Monday, November 21, 2011

Never were there such devoted sisters...


After visiting Tuscany, my family came up to Vicenza and stayed with me and Dallin for ten days to explore the Veneto region. After that they all took the train down to Rome and stayed there for about a week. After their Rome adventure, my mom, dad, and Travis flew back home, while Susannah flew back up Venice Marco Polo, where Dallin and I picked her up to stay with us for another week.

It was so fun to have Susannah stay with us. We hadn't been able to spend very much time together the past couple of years because her school schedule was off track. Whenever I would be in school, she would be at home, and when I was at home, she would be in school. And the last time I saw her before this trip was at my wedding. So it was tons of fun catching up and having sister time.

I am so lucky to have Sooz as a sister. She is one of the sweetest and kindest people I know. It was wonderful to have her here at that time because she helped me so much when I wasn't feeling well and especially tired because of the little baby inside of me sucking all of my energy during my first trimester.

On the days that I was feeling well, we had a grand old time. We started by taking her to the beach near Venice, Jesolo de Lido. Its not as impressive as the beautiful Cinque Terre, but its still fun and there is plenty of sun and sand. I also gave her the grand tour of Vicenza. We looked through some of the city museums and we went to Vicenza's main attraction, the Olympic Theater.

I already wrote a post about the Olympic Theater here, but I wanted to include these new pictures of it because I was able to take them with our wide-angle lens and they look a lot better.

The Olympic Theater is the oldest indoor theater in world. The stage is set to look like Ancient Thebes.

The theater was built by Vicenza's hometown hero, Andrea Palladio.

1 comment:

Cheap hotels in Lido di Jesolo said...

It is great when sisters are best friends. Congrats!