Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can't Slow Down Yet


Wow,
The past few weeks have flown by. Everyday seems to blur with all of the studying, writing, missing Allison, and sleep. Allison is coming in 2 days though! I can't believe it, that is so soon. Branch Night is Sunday! I am not nervous, I am 307/1160, I will get my first choice. But it is surreal to think about. I have spent so much time here at West Point, by the time May comes around I will have been a cadet for nearly 6 years if you include my mission. But I am going to get my assignment in the US Army on Sunday. It is weird for me to think about. Growing up I never imagined myself in the army. It was never something I really thought about. I am glad that I have this opportunity though. Someday our children will be able to say that their father served their country during a very turbulent time of change and challenges. I am excited to serve this great nation.

Allison is coming this weekend! I am so excited. I have a history test tomorrow though on the Napoleonic Campaigns. And I am working on my capstone paper on geography and macroeconomic development. Good times. 2 more days :)

Dallin

2 comments:

Allison said...

ew! I hate that picture of me! But I like your entry. I love you.

Travis Neal said...

i guess a picture's not a thousand words?