Monday, October 19, 2009

Chipmunk cheeks




There have been a lot of highs and lows over the past couple of weeks. The highest high: visiting Dallin in New York from October 9th to the 12th. The best thing about last weekend was just the opportunity we had to spend time together. We basically just did a lot of hanging out in the city. We walked around a lot in Central Park, Times Square, China town and other places. We went to the Magnolia Bakery, one of my favorite places to visit in New York. They have the most unbelievably delicious cupcakes.


We also saw a play! We saw "Finian's Rainbow". It was quite enjoyable, however, Dallin and I agreed that the story line was a little crazy and hard to follow. But the music and dancing was excellent.

We also sampled many delicious foods of New York. Yummy Chinese chicken and broccoli on Canal Street, delicious thin crust pizza in Tarrytown, and Roast Beef sandwiches near Park Avenue. This last weekend confirmed to me of how much I love spending time with Dallin. I always have so much fun with him. He is my best friend. I love going on adventures with him in New York City. We have so much fun exploring and relaxing with each other.

I returned back to Utah on Monday October 12th at around midnight. And what did I have to welcome me home that night? A four-page essay, that I had not even started. I wasn't able to go to bed until around 4 am. The rest of that week was just as depressing as I studied my brains out for an international economics test and an operations management test, both of which I received mediocre scores on. Then last friday, to top it off, and make this last week the worst week ever, I had my wisdom teeth removed.

For the past couple of days, I have been recovering from the surgery at my Aunt Sandi's house. I just barely came back to my apartment yesterday afternoon. I am still in some pain, and I still am pretty swollen with chubby chipmunk cheeks. I can't wait to look normal and eat normally as well. However, I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my sweetheart. He very much brightened my day. He has probably suffered the most from this whole ordeal, because he usually calls when I have just woken up and I am still cranky. I have not been very nice to him over the past couple of days. So, I am sorry Dallin! I love you! Hopefully you still love me, after I have treated you so rotten after this past week!


2 comments:

Dallin said...

Of course I still love you. Everyone is cranky after surgery! That is what I am here for sometimes.

Vindie said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well! I remember hating my life for a little while. It will get better soon! Good job on the flowers Dalli, that always helps!