Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to the old grind...

Wow I have not updated this in a while! October was a crazy month. I was gone every weekend that month. One weekend, I went to Reno to go to one of my best friend, Alisa Hardy's mission farewell.
Abigail Hardy, Me, Alisa Hardy, and Travis

I flew into Oakland on a friday and then drove to Reno with my Mom and Travis. Alisa and I have been friends since we were five years old. She is going on a mission to Chile and I am so excited for her. It was fun to hear her speak in Sacrament as well as hang out with my Mom and little brother some.
Travis and I on a ferris wheel inside a huge store called Scheels.

Halloween was so much fun because I got to spend it with my sweetheart. It was a quick trip to New York City but so much fun. We hung out with Dallin's roommate, Dave and his girlfriend, Katie. We stayed in a hostel and hung out in the city. My favorite thing that we did was that we rented row boats in central park. The weather was wonderful; it wasn't cold at all and the leaves on the trees were beautiful. I have decided that my favorite season in New York is definitely the fall.
On Halloween night we went to a party in the theater district. It was quite a journey getting there, however. When we got off of the subway a huge parade had just ended and there was people all around us in the subway station. We were literally crammed in there like sardines. It was kind of scary because we could not move at all and we could not get out of the subway station. We were stuck. So we just pushed through the masses of people and we were finally able to get to the subway exit. It was a relief to get out, I was getting very claustrophobic. But when we finally got out of the subway station it started to downpour in rain. We got soaked and took shelter in a pizza parlor and ate some dinner while we were there.

Eventually we got to the party. We were a little unsure of what to expect from this party but it actually turned out pretty well. There was dancing with live bands as well as some plays going on through out the theater. We went to some of the plays but they were all really weird so we just stuck to dancing. Overall, it was a fun night.
Dallin and I on Halloween. We tried to dress up like Lucy and Desi. I think Dallin makes a pretty good Desi however I could use a red wig to look more like Lucy.

The next day we walked around the city, watched part of the NYC marathon, and went to Rockefeller center. We of course had to go to Magnolia bakery as well. Then we just hung out in a Chipotle restaurant until it was time for me to go and catch the subway to get to the airport.

Thanksgiving break was also wonderful. I missed two days of school and came home earlier on November 20th. The week before I got to hang out with my mom because she flew out to Utah to stay with my amazingly creative aunts, Sue and Sandi to get some fun ideas for wedding invitations, decor etc. It was so fun hanging out with them in between the craziness of school that week.

Then my mom and I flew to Oakland on the 20th and I picked Dallin up later that night. Our Thanksgiving break may sound really boring to other people because we didn't do anything extremely exciting. We kind of just hung out with our families and relaxed which was much needed after the grueling preceding weeks in school.

We saw two great movies, Blindside and A Christmas Carol (in 3D). On Thanksgiving Day the Neals and the Rosdahls got together for an amazing feast of turkey, potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and pie. I also got the privilege to participate in the Rosdahl's basketball game. It was so much fun, and amazingly I scored a point while playing amongst those tall people! Haha.
Dallin and I at the 3D movie!

As always, the break ended too soon. I flew back to Utah on November 29th. This week at school looks like a busy one and finals are looming ahead. I am already counting down to when I come home and see Dallin again. 16 DAYS!

No comments: