It is official! Allison and I will be heading to the 173rd Airborne Division at Vicenza, Italy. Excited is an understatement of my current emotions. Never as a lowly plebe did I think that I would get the opportunity to live in Italy! Man, I am still in a sort of state of shock since hearing the news. I can't believe that this is happening to us. All of the countless hours of studying finally paid off! I will be doing my human resources job there and we should get there hopefully around mid-November. I have to report to AGOBC (my basic officer course) on 22 July, and I will be done with that by 20 October and then we will head down to Ft. Benning, Georgia for airborne school (parachute school) for 3 weeks. My hope now is that we can be in Italy before Thanksgiving, but we will see.
In addition we are currently working on planning our honeymoon. We found a sweet condo on Mahuka Beach in Oahu, and I think we are going to stay there for 2 weeks. Life is great. All of these changes and all of these decisions have made focusing on school difficult, but that is going well too.
We, (and I in particular), have been very blessed this semester. The Lord has blessed us with these awesome opportunities later this year and more importantly with the opportunity to be worthy to be sealed together in the Lord's temple in June. Everything in my life has led up to this point, and I can't believe that it is so soon. I am so grateful for a loving and forgiving Heavenly Father who has blessed me so much throughout my life despite my many flaws. I am grateful for the blessing that Allison is in my life, and being worthy of that blessing. I know the future will bring many challenges, and I think they will only get tougher. But I am confident that Allison and I will be able to overcome them because of our trust in Him and our dedication to following His commandments.
Ciao,
Dallin

2 comments:
Gee, I hope we get to visit you guys then!
bonjourno pricepessa (sp?). I love that movie therefore I love Italy! So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment