We are at Fort Benning right now. It is located in Columbus, GA. So far, we have not had a very pleasant experience. We have been living in a crappy motel room for the past couple of weeks, eating microwave dinners and just being claustrophobic. Columbus, GA is a pretty ghetto town too. Once you leave the gates, it feels really unsafe. There is not much to do here either. We are so excited to leave! I just booked the tickets to Venice today!!! We are leaving on Sunday!
Today I got to go to the drop zone and watch Dallin's airborne class do their jumps. It was awesome! I don't know if Dallin is actually in the following video or not, but that is what he did. He jumped out of an airplane and landed with his parachute. My husband is a stud. I am so proud of him.
Me and Dallin after his jump!
P.S. Sorry the video quality isn't the best. The little white dots coming out of the airplane in the beginning are the parachutes.
4 comments:
oh dear. that motel is too funny. I love you seester! You will be halfway across the world in a couple of days...waaaaahhhh! I miss you
Mom says that room was pretty depressing. I bet you're REALLY glad to be in Italy!
That little Army Dorm room looked smaller than most Hotels I have been to. That must have been tough duty for over 3 weeks. Hopefully your place in Italy will be a little roomier. I saw a few of Dallin's pictures of Vinceza, the street shots with lots of people and few cars reminded me of Rue Clair in Paris. Love ya Dad (Barry)
you guys are funny- that room "sucks". So awesome you got to see him jump. ("see" him, right?) Airborne guys are pretty awesome! Can't wait to see italy pics!
Post a Comment