Saturday, September 20, 2008

hmmm

Currently listening to: Relient K- five score and 7 years ago
Well,
Today was sweet. Woke up at 8:30 to begin which felt amazing. And then worked out and did some homework. We had a football game this afternoon so I had Marie drop Brandon off whom I haven't seen for almost a month. It was kind of fun. The weather was great but we got beat again and the game wasn't even interesting so I spent 3 hours trying to talk to Brandon over the sound of the blaring spirit band who were located 3 feet to my left. It was good to spend some time with him. I am so busy here and never have the time that I really want to give to him. He is a solid kid with a great mother. (His Dad died on 9/11, he was a firefighter) He is your typical 13 year old kid. He loves sports, especially lacrosse. Well, actually when I left for Cambodia he loved skateboarding so he is definitly still going through the "phase" stage of life. But I like hanging out with him. He is a lot like me. I wish I had more time to spend with him. I have known him since the winter of 2005. We have spent a lot of time together. I have definitly passed up many opportunities to "go out" to hang out with him instead.
"Going out" is cool, but eh, not so important. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to influence his life and who he will become someday. I know that the Lord knows each of us and that the Lord places people into our lives to bless us and teach us. It is crazy when you step back and look at the enormous web of people that you have crossed paths with. Living out here in New York I have been fortunate to meet people of all different types. More so than had I stayed in California for sure. One of the most rewarding things in life for me is when someone either says directly or implies that knowing me has blessed them or helped them in their life. I think that is so cool.
In other news.....I can't wait for October 10th. That is when Allison gets here! It was so awesome last weekend, I can't wait for the 10th. I am still thinking about what we are going to do when she is here but we are for sure going to be in Manhattan a good portion of the time as well as in the West Point area for part of the weekend. It would be so much easier if she was here or I was there all the time but I know that the Lord has a plan for the both of us and that we just need to trust in him. We are where we are for a reason.
Well, that is all for today. Looking ahead to this week I have an oral presentation in portugese Monday, a problem set in both micro and macro econ due at the end of the week and a web site for IT due Thursday. Should be a good week. We are going to the temple Friday afternoon though! I am so excited. It has been over a month since I have been.

-Dallin

No comments: