ugh...
Today started at 3:30 am at Uncle Jon's house, and it is now 7:21 PM at West Point. Man I am so tired. The weekend was incredible. First of all, I need to thank those who helped us out this weekend. First and foremost, Jon and Bonnie Rosdahl & family. They were so incredibly helpful. Uncle Jon was at the airport to pick me up, they let me borrow a car, and Aunt Bonnie made an incredible dinner Sunday afternoon. It was so much fun to spend time with their family. Also JD Tueller and his family had us over for breakfast Sunday morning and let me crash Saturday night on an extra bed in the house. I left this weekend feeling so grateful for my family and friends that are willing to help Allison and I out. Our relationship is supported by so many, and we couldn't do what we do without the help of our friends and family. The sacrifices of my family has blessed our relationship so much.
As for the weekend, it was amazing. I love Allison. When we were driving to my Uncle's house Sunday I started thinking about the horrific travel day looming ahead of me. And as I thought of that, I stole a glance across the car to Allison, and there she was smiling, laughing and glowing. Once again I was reminded why it is we do what we do for each other.
When we first started to get serious about our relationship we both kind of struggled to define what love is, and what it means to us. I am starting to catch a glimpse of the part of love that is sacrifice. For Allison and I, just to see each other's face in person requires a $400 plane ticket, 7 hours of travelling, and jet lag. We have to give so much in order to keep this relationship going, and i think that that is one of the greatest things about our situation. We can never take each other for granted.
Sitting here, 2000 miles away from her when I was 2 feet away from her 24 hours ago absolutley kills me inside. She is my best friend. There is no one in the world that I would rather be with then her. No one can make me laugh like she can, no one gets me like she does. I love her so much. And despite the pain that I feel everytime I kiss her goodbye, I know that this is worth it. I know that I love her and that she loves me. And this refiner's fire which we are going through together will bless us so much in the future, of that I am confident.
I am so blessed to have her in my life. I can't wait for Spring Break, 9 days together, it is going to be unreal. thanks again to all those which helped make this past weekend possible for us, thank you!!!
-dallin
No comments:
Post a Comment