Sunday, February 22, 2009

good thinking


(read below to understand image, from Slumdog Millionare)

Well,
I am sick! For the first time since my surgery last summer on my tonsils, I finally got sick. This has been the longest time period that I can remember having without being sick! What a good decision it was back then to get those puppies out. Although at the time, it was not so fun, I am reaping the benifits now. Of course this is a type of much in life, but I have digressed on that subject many a time and will talk of other things today.

This upcoming week is my most packed week of the semester, as a result today's entry will be shorter as I need to continue reviewing journal entries, discounts, and A/R stuff. (I know all the accountants out there are cheering.)

The weekend was good, very productive, I was able to complete a presentation due Wednesday, complete a good portion of my econometrics problem set, and get ready for the 2 tests which I have tomorrow. I also finally saw Slumdog Millionare. Oh my. Such a good movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you are missing out, there is a reason that the film is supposed to get best picture this year. Truly a remarkable film. The story is one of overcoming odds, but in the most extreme way. It is a love story also. It's funny how when you are in love, watching love story's are so much more meaningful. I don't want to spoil the ending of the film but at the end of the movie I couldn't stop thinking about Allison, and what I am and would be willing to go through to have her in my life. Go see the movie when it comes out. Lucky for me, my roommates Dad is a film critic, so I have it already, but you need to see this one. (Disclaimer: It is R for violence and some profanity, this one is not for the kids.)


My fever is coming in waves, and it just started up again, I am going to go drink some more water. 19 days until I am with Allison! So soon! So far we are planning on the following:

- Salsa dancing lesson
- going to see some caves and hot springs
- going to SLC
- maybe seeing the Draper temple open house
- watching Slumdog Millionare

More will surely follow, but that is all that we have so far planned. Well, back to accounting!


-dallin

No comments: