Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quick Week/Summer Schedule

3/26/09- illustration of how I feel

This week has flown. It is already Thursday and I feel like I just stepped off the plane in Newark. Pretty standard West Point week though. When I got back there was this vague email from my military science teacher asking me to call him about a test i took before spring break. Now for those of you unfamiliar with West Point we have this "Honor Code" here where if someone suspects you of cheating they will send you an email similar to the one, but upon further inspection I noticed that he said it wasn't about honor but something else. Phew. But then the thought crossed my mind, did I fail the test miserably? So Monday morning I walked into class apprehensively and discovered that I had actually just forgot to put my name on the test, I got a 99% on the test (missed 2 points for forgeting to differenciate my two support by fire positions on the graphic.) That was a relief. Then I got back a test in my systems engineering class and i got a 99.5%! Oh my life, it is so exciting sometimes...I don't know how I contain it all so well.

Looking ahead to the next few months I have got some sweet stuff coming up...
- April 3-5 Allison will be out in New York with me for the weekend
- May 15-20 I will be home to do some recruiting and spend some time with family
- May 21- 28 I will be out in Provo with Allison for Memorial Day weekend
- May 28- June 17- Cadet Leadership Development Training @ West Point, NY (3 weeks of field training, no showers, and limited sleep)
But, drumroll please......the thing that I am looking forward to most.......
June 17th- August 8th- HOME. I have an internship with Asia Alternatives LLP for July but besides that I am going to spend time with Allison!, spend time with family, get back into shape, and get tan. I can't wait for that. I haven't been home for that long of a period since June 2004. This summer has been an answer to many of mine and Allison's prayers and we are stoked to have received this huge blessing from the Lord.

On a not-so-sweet note this weekend is going to be filled with writing a paper! Yay. Oh and I forgot to mention that sweet room inspection Saturday morning, man life is good....

Agora preciso ir para aula portuguese, chao.

dallin

1 comment:

Vindie said...

That is your old schedule correct? Hope you are having a fun weekend.