Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home at last


Hello!

Well I am back home after training. The training went alright I guess. Finishing it felt so good though because it marked the completion of all of my West Point military training! Just 11 more months and I will graduate! Allison got home yesterday and it has been incredible to be together of course. It is strange for both of us to be together and not have a looming day when we have to leave in like a week.


I am starting an internship in SF in a few weeks and just excited to spend time at home with Allison and the Rosdahls and Neals. This is my first real summer at home since 2003 and I am looking forward to reconnecting with my family. It is unbelievable for me to watch the kids and realize how big they are now. When I left for school 5 years ago Declan was about 2 feet shorter than I, Victoria was a munchkin, Dooley Wooley (Dewlin) was tiny and Veronica was in her awkward middle school years.

Declan is now as big as me, Victoria is grown into a young woman, Dooley Wooley is a stud lax player, and Veronica is graduated from high school. Oh and did I mention that Vindie is married to an incredible guy and has a baby girl? It stinks when I think of everything that I have missed these past 5 years of their lives while I have been in New York and Cambodia. But that is why I am so excited to be home with them now. This summer is all about reconnecting with them.


Well, Allison is about to get here so we can go on a run together. What a lucky guy I am, my fiancee will run with me! Life is great.

1 comment:

Troop 225 Scouts said...

What a cute little family! Er, wait, why did I say little? They have flippin' 9 kids!