
Man, it is hot in Danville right now. My weather widget is reading 100 degrees right now! Allison and I have had an incredible week this past week. We went to Santa Cruz on Tuesday and went to Pacifica with Devan and Margarita yesterday. We have also been running everyday in the morning. Allison has been quite the champion in getting out there and running with me. I am not the funnest person to run with as I really only say "let's go" or "I know that your legs can move faster than that" to her but she is awesome and puts up with me regardless.
This upcoming week I begin my internship in San Fran at Asia Alternatives and I am really excited to start. I am not getting paid, so my entire focus is going to be on learning and figuring out if finance is where I want to go for a career.
Allison found an awesome article earlier this week and I wanted to share one excerpt that I really liked.
Because love is as much a verb as it is a noun, the phrase “I love you” is much more a
promise of behavior and commitment than it is an expression of feeling.
- Elder Lynn G Robins, "Agency and Love in Marriage"
I really like this a lot. I am guilty I think of always thinking of love as a feeling and almost desire. But I love how Elder Robins reminds us that "I love you" is a promise of loyalty and trust between couples. It has been incredible to be with Allison this summer. Our relationship is getting so much stronger than it ever has been before. As we have been able to not worry about long distance or about being apart we have been able to increase our commitment to each other and to our future together. Well, I am exhausted and might steal a little Sunday afternoon napski for old times sake.
Dallin
1 comment:
Yay I found the blog of Dalison. I like that picture of you two. I really love having you home.
Post a Comment