Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dump

“Vindie hates bugs…do you know why Vindie hates bugs?...because she says when they get in an accident they get squished like bugs!” Yesterday, while stuck in traffic on the Bay Bridge VeNae decided to dump her brain like she always does. It was pretty awesome. She is pretty hilarious most of the time. But sometimes, not so much, and those are the times when “the quiet game” is initiated by myself.

Allison’s birthday is in 6 days, and I haven’t gotten her present yet. Any ideas?

I don’t really know what to write about today. I am in the office, without anything to do for the moment. I think I am going to go shopping for Allison when I leave. I think I might leave at 1:30 or maybe earlier depending on what they have for me to do.

I am going to be a senior or “firstie” this fall at West Point. That is exciting. I remember when I was a lowly plebe, I would always look to the seniors at Church as such wise, awesome Priesthood holders. I hope I have become one too. Senior year will be good though. What most don’t understand about being a Senior at West Point is, is that we don’t want to be at West Point. So when we know we are in our last year, we are very happy. It is not bittersweet to leave. It is 100% sweet. I can’t wait to drive out of those gates for the last time. That will be awesome. Awesome too because that will be just 2 weeks before Allison and I get married!

So far I am thankful for our long engagement. This may come as a surprise to some, especially Allison, but I really am. This has been a good time for Allison and I to further strengthen our relationship and have fun.

Contrasting Vindie and Lincoln with Allison and I makes me laugh sometimes. Allison and I seem to have this requirement that we are always touching in one way. Whether it be holding hands, my arm around her waist, her scratching the back of my neck, or what have you. But with Vindie and Lincoln it is rare for them to be on the same piece of furniture. I think it is funny how different the engaged stage seems to be from the married stage.

Lance Armstrong isn’t going to win the tour de France after all. Very disappointing.

Harry Potter 6, also very disappointing.

Well, I just did my best to do what VeNae does quite superbly on a regular basis. Dump my brain.


-Dallin

No comments: