Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer lovin', happened so fast...

The best summer of my life has finally drawn to a close. This summer was a great one because I was able to spend it with Dallin. Throughout this summer Dallin and I learned so many things about each other and our relationship. This summer was also filled with several fun trips and events that I thought important to report. One weekend (7/24-7/27), we went on an adventure. We went to... EUREKA! Most people have never even heard of this city located in Northern California, and those who have heard of it, wonder why anyone would ever want to travel there, as it is an old logging town that contains many hobos, hippies, and the like. However, my mother grew up in Eureka and many of her ancestors lived there. So for the Neal Family, a trip to Eureka is an opportunity for us to learn more about our family history, as well as allow my mother to reminisce in the locales of her childhood.

Dallin and Me in Ladybird Johnson Grove

Luckily for me, Dallin agreed to come with us. I was a little nervous to invite Dallin because I didn't want to bore him with our usual stops in Eureka, but I think a good time was had by all. Among the many activities we participated in were hiking in Lady Bird Johnson Grove, driving around Redwood National Park, visiting the Victorian style town of Ferndale, visiting the Loleta Cheese factory, and eating lots of yummy sea food. But the most fun activity of all, was driving on Clam Beach.

After much coaxing, my mother finally allowed my father to take a detour from the planned tour in Eureka to drive our Toyota Sequoia onto the beach. We had many adventures on the beach among them being getting our car unstuck from the sand, chasing sea lions back into the ocean, as well as driving our car through a four foot deep pond. Click here to see a video.

Another exciting event that happened on July 28th was that I turned twenty. I am one year older and wiser too! I have heard from many people that your twentieth birthday is sometimes a sad one because you are officially not a teenager anymore. However, I haven't really felt like a teenager since I started thinking about marrying Dallin and getting engaged to him. When I made the decision to marry him, I had to really become more mature and trust in my Heavenly Father. I learned so much about listening and trusting the spirit at that time.

I had a very low-key but lovely birthday, incorporating my favorite things: Dallin, family, steak, and cake. Dallin earned some major points with the birthday gift that he got me. He thoughtfully selected a beautiful black, leather purse for me.

This summer was absolutely wonderful for me and Dallin, and I was so sad to see it close when I had to drop him off at the Bart station so that he could catch a redeye to the Newark airport.

I am currently staying at my Aunt Kathe's house in Springville, UT. On our way out to Utah we stopped in Reno to stay at our friends, the Hardys' house. They have three daughters, Alisa, Morgan, and Abigail, whom I have been friends with for around 15 years. It was so good to see them especially because Alisa will be leaving for a mission soon. We celebrated my engagement with a girls night, complete with a movie and treats. It was great fun!

Me, Abigail, Susannah, Alisa, and Morgan: Best Friends for life!

As of now I am busy in Utah searching for a wedding dress! It has been so much fun trying on so many beautiful dresses. The wedding plans are still underway. We have ordered some beautiful bridesmaid dresses (hopefully they work), we have reserved a venue for our reception, and I am definitely set on the colors of eggplant purple with olive green accents.

But the most important aspect of this wedding that I am planning for is to prepare to enter the temple with my sweetheart, Dallin. I am so excited to be sealed to him for eternity.

I am so looking forward to next weekend! I am flying out with Vince and Diana for Dallin's ring weekend. He will receive his class ring, and there will be a big ball to celebrate. It will be great to be with Dallin again and to spend some time with my future in-laws.

2 comments:

Dallin said...

Man, it is good to be Dallin.

Vindie said...

I heard you found a dress...I can't wait to see/hear about it! Have fun this weekend!