Allison and I at the dance!

Dad, Mom and I before the banquet.

The rings!
Seriously, this past weekend may have been the best weekend Allison and I have ever had together! It was so much fun!!!
Getting my class ring was really cool. It has been a long time coming. My Dad reminded me Saturday of what the ring really does represent; all of the work, all of the lonely flights, all of the painful goodbyes are represented by this ring. I am pretty excited about the fact that in less than 9 months I will graduate and leave West Point with a degree. But what I am even more excited about is Allison.Seriously, this past weekend may have been the best weekend Allison and I have ever had together! It was so much fun!!!
We had an incredible weekend together, likely one of our best yet. Transitioning back to West Point these past few weeks has been very challenging for the two of us. We miss each other, and had become so comfortable being together. Coming back to school meant back to video-chatting, back to text messaging, and back to uncertain schedules and frustration. So having her here this past weekend was an incredible break in all of that. Our relationship has grown so much just since the beginning of this month, and will undoubtably continue to grow as this, our final year apart, continues. Allison is truly heaven-sent. I am in awe of what she represents and the charity that seems to radiate from herself. I am so lucky to have her forever.
It was also really fun to have my parents out as well. Over the summer with so many siblings and so many couples (Devargarita, Vindiclon, Dallison) it was hard to spend much actual time with them. But we had a blast going to Wicked, going to the random mall, and going for a walk/run. I think that the four of us got along quite well, and Allison seems to handle my Dad surprisingly well haha.
I am now back at school again. The humidity finally broke and today it was actually quite nice out. Hopefully it holds. This weekend I am going to be heading to the temple Friday and maybe catching up with some old friends Saturday. It is so hard to be away from Allison. It really is difficult to not see her first thing in the morning, but I know that these challenges are only making us stronger. I love Allison. I love my parents. Thank you Mom and Dad for coming out here this weekend, it really did mean a lot to me. Thank you Allison for loving me unconditionally, you don't realize the impact that you are having on me in my life.
As Dillon would say...
Cheers,
Dallin

5 comments:
I am so glad you guys had fun! but are you sure Vindie and Lincoln don't wanna be called Linky or Vincoln? hahahahhahhahahahaaa.. Devargarita is pretty good though. :)
I love you too Pookie
I made up Devargarita! I am so proud of that!
and you made up Dallison!
Dallin,
This is Ba, Dan McNally's older brother. Dan (or Randy as you guys call him) is going to be home for a week or so in late september/early october before getting deployed late october. I am trying to organize a get together for him while he is around and as you know west point is not far from my parents house. We would love to have you stop by as it would mean a lot to all of us. No dates for sure yet, but email me at bam320@gmail.com and I will keep you in the loop.
Hope all is well, Ba
PS he doesnt know we're doing this
PPS cute blog
Post a Comment