Saturday, May 29, 2010

BYU: Done.


This semester finished out well. My Aunt Sandi threw me an awesome bridal shower before school was over. It was so fun to have all of my Utah friends together and see them all before I get married. It was probably the last time I will see them for a while since Dallin and I will be moving around so much this summer and then to Italy! We had great company, fun games, and delicious food. Sandi knows how to throw a great party!

Hannah Snyder, Janelle Webb, Lauren LaRose, Maria Mortenson, Jessica Schuch, Rachel Scroggins, Kara Boren, Amy Carsten, and Me!

If you are wondering about my odd attire, my aunt Sandi bought those lovely footie pajamas for me. But at first they were a "gift from my mom". The card said, "Dear Allison, this gift is a token of how I will feel on your wedding night". There was also a lock on the zipper. It was hilarious!


Finals went pretty well. My finals week actually wasn't too stressful because most of my finals were big projects that I had been working on all semester and were due before finals week started. One of my finals was kind of intense were I and my group had create a business and then pitch our idea to real investors as if we were asking for capital. I was so nervous, but our group did really well.

My dad and sister came up during finals week because they had to move Susannah into her new apartment at BYU-I for spring semester. Before they headed up to Idaho we did a spring ski day at Solitude. It was awesome. The snow wasn't too bad, there was hardly anyone there, and it was only 60 degrees!

Dallin came out for my graduation ceremonies the next week. I was so glad he could come! One of his teachers was being stubborn about giving him leave and we weren't sure if he was going to be able to miss school to come out for my graduation. But it all worked out and I was so glad he was there.

Mom and Travis also came out graduation weekend and a lot of my aunts and uncles and my grandparents were at the ceremonies. It was great to have everyone there supporting me. D. Todd Christofferson spoke at the commencement ceremony and then J.W. Marriott spoke at the Marriott School convocation ceremony.



After graduation, Dallin went back to Westpoint to finish the semester and I drove back to Danville with my family, and Dallison continued their relationship via video cam for the next couple of weeks. It was comforting to know that it was our last goodbye when I dropped Dallin off at the Salt Lake airport after graduation.

It feels good to be done at BYU. I still have 12 credits that I am going to do independent study while Dallin and I are in South Carolina. But I am so glad to be done living in Utah!!! Woohoo!

No comments: