Saturday, May 29, 2010

Last moments at Westpoint

Last week I flew out to New York with the Rosdahls for Dallin's graduation. We took off on a red eye on Sunday and then got to New York on Monday. We met up with Dallin. It felt so good to be together again and know that we were done with long distance. We stayed at a vacation rental at Cold Springs and we kind of just relaxed and hung out the first couple of days. We went swimming at the pool, shopping at a huge outlet mall, and we went to Sleepy Hollow. In Sleepy Hollow we took a tour of John D. Rockefeller's estate. It was really cool. The house and estate was completely full of art! And the gardens were beautiful.
At the Rockefeller estate.

The rest of the week was filled with Westpoint graduation activities.

All of us waiting for the graduation parade to start.

Dallin marching by in the parade.

Who loves Dallin's hat? I do!

The Westpoint parachuting team. So Cool!

Dallin receiving three major awards!

Right before the graduation banquet and ball.

This is Dallin shaking Obama's hand at the graduation ceremony.

Dallin with his diploma.

Dallin's bar-pinning ceremony.

Pure joy. Done with Westpoint for forever!

I am so proud of Dallin and his amazing accomplishment of graduating from Westpoint. He has worked so hard through school and I am thankful for his commitment and perseverance.

One week until the wedding!!! Life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! I am so excited for you both! Congratulations Dallin! I am so very proud of you!!!
I so wish I could be there for your day next week. Please know that I love you and am so very happy for you two! I will miss you, but I am thinking of you and praying for your continued happiness!!!
I love you!!!!!
Aunt Sandy xo