Saturday, January 10, 2009

for the sake of saving face

Well...

Another sweet week of life. Outside it is currently snowing like crazy...not cool. We just made 2 mile round trip walk downtown to buy sleds/discs. It was so cold. One of my new roommates Dave, is a 20 year old guy with a 9 year old spirit inside. He calls me grandpa and is convinced that I am a 65 year old man stuck in a 23 year old body so we balance each other out pretty well. But anyways, we are going to go sledding later on today, we are supposed to get around 12 inches of snow today. Ahhh, I hate snow! But I am glad that we are going to make the best out of it today.

We had lesson 1 for our classes Thursday and Friday, my classes seem to be pretty good. In SS307, International Relations, my teacher must have dropped the f, b, s, a bombs 5 times each in 55 minutes haha, he should keep things interesting. That class is infamous for the 20 page term paper that we have to turn in in April, but I am really interested in international relations, I must check cnn.com/msnbc.com/foxnews.com at least 3 times an hour each every day.

SS368, Econometrics 1, looks to be my challenge for the semester. Econometrics, basically the science of creating economic models, is a combination of economics, calculus, and statistics. MS300, combined operations, shouldn't be too bad, it is only a 1.5 credit class and as long as I pay attention in class I should do fine. My other classes: SE300, systems engineering; PE350 Army Fitness Development; Portuguese and Financial accounting shouldn't be too bad either.


So far my goals for the semester are:

- 4.0 GPA

-100% Home Teaching

-300 APFT (fitness test which I will take in April)

-stay positive and upbeat


Well, I need to prepare my lesson for primary tomorrow. I just got an email telling me that I will be teaching both my CTR 5/6 class along with the 7/8 year olds as well. I am excited about this new responsibility and excited to teach the Gospel again!


12 days until Allison comes out to New York! Wooohoooo. I am so excited. We are going to have a blast in NYC and then at the dance here.


I am currently listening to Cute is What We Aim For- Do What You Do. Talk to you later!


Dallin

No comments: