My Personal Notes from remarks given by President Thomas S. Monson, 11 January 2009
-preparation is a vital factor in our lives
-academic preparation
-spiritual preparation
- testimony of Jesus Christ, this is the anchor to our souls, what is truth?
- doubt and faith cannot exist in the mind at the same time, an attitude of faith brings one closer to God
tips:
1. Avoid pitfalls in the track (oh just this once, my parents are so old fashioned) bad habits, good habits are the souls muscles, the more you use them, the more they grow.
2. Beware of the flashy start and unknown finish.
- beginners are many, but enders are few
- stick to your task until it sticks to you
- in the game of life, a second effort is often required
--This day, we sailed on
3. Help others in the race of life. An attitude of love gave mission to the Master. How many people did you help?
4. Seek the help of the Lord, remember that we do not run alone. We are entitled to His help.
- in order to find Him, we must make room for Him "birds have nests, foxes have holes..."
Make room for the Lord, and He will be your companion and your guide. You can go forward, and acheive your great expectations...
Jesus Christ is the author of my great expectations.
Well, that was awesome. I love the prophet. I love the calm, peaceful feeling that I feel when listening to his voice. The closing song to the fireside was fitting to how I have been feeling recently, "carry on". I am doing my best to prepare. I am on track to graduate at the top of my class here, I am on track to attend Stanford Business School and most importantly I am preparing myself to make the most important decision of my life. Yes, I think I am doing a good job of preparing myself.
11 days.
Dallin
No comments:
Post a Comment