Sunday, January 25, 2009

Amazing Weekend


Well,

Allison just left. Hate that. But man did we have an amazing weekend. Let's see, Friday I drove into the city and met them at Rockefeller center. Allison and I went on a walk in central park, that's where the above picture was taken. We found this random gazeebo thing and managed to balance the camera on a rail to take the picture. We really could use a third wheel sometimes haha. Most all of the pictures which we have together were taken at arm's length. But after the park we found a random little cafe and I had a midafternoon snack.

We sat in there to avoid the cold for about an hour. Those are the times with her that I treasure the most. We weren't doing anything, just sitting, laughing and not thinking about anything else but the moment.

We then went and met her mom and aunt at this awesome restaurant on the upper-west side called The Atlantic Grill. Oh man the food was so good! And because it was restaurant week in Manhattan we got a three course meal for $35, which in Manhattan is a steal. After that we made our way down to Broadway and saw Mama Mia! That was actually really cool. The music was awesome, the actors were all incredibly talented, and it was pretty funny.

We went back to Allison's hotel after that and hung out for a while. We lost track of time talking about things and before we knew it it was 1am and because the place which I was going to stay was on the upper-west side, and we were at this point in mid-town east I just slept on the foldout bed.

Saturday morning we went out for breakfast, and then went to the Met. I haven't been there for nearly 4 years, so it was fun to be back. Allison loves art so it was fun to watch her recognize artists which she studies and likes. I love how she is into music and art. I know little about that kind of stuff.

We then made our way up to West Point to get her ready for the dance. While she was changing I took Mary and Sandy over to West Point for a quick modified tour of campus and showed them around a little. We shot back to the hotel though to try and escape the cold. Allison was just finishing up and I shaved, changed in about 4 minutes. We then went back over to campus and hung out in my room for a while till the dinner started. The dinner was awesome, the food was great and the speaker wasn't as dry as usual.

We then made our way down to the dance (it was slow moving with Allison in heals). The dance was so much fun. They had a live jazz band complete with a singer and everything. I think I managed to not step on her feet which is a success and she taught me a little about dancing. We had a great time though. We were out till about midnight and then Mary came and took us back to the hotel. Man I haven't been as tired as i was after the dance in a while, so I passed out quickly.

This morning we went to sacrament meeting, and then I saw them off! It was so much fun. Allison and I are doing great. We are learning a lot about each other. She is so good, I love her. Well, I need to get a head start on the week. Just 2.5 weeks till I go out to BYU to spend Valentine's day with her!


-Dallin

No comments: