
Well,
Nothing signifigant happened today worth writing about, in fact I just noticed that I have 15 minutes till I my haircut appointment so I figured instead of reading the news I would write instead.
Saturday I made the trip down to the city with some RMs from the branch to the Manhattan temple. For those of you that have never been there it is right in the middle of New York City, one of the largest cities in the world. It is right by the Lincoln Center and Juliard. As we were running across Manhattan trying to make our appointment we dodged people, cars, cabs and buses to make it through the doors. New York is a loud place. But walking through the doors it is amazing to feel the contrasting quite that abounds in the Lord's house. True, every temple is quiet but in Manhattan you really feel the difference. We did baptisms, it was amazing. As I spent the afternoon I reflected much on the past few years of my life, the people who have made those years amazing, and the trials which I have dealt with.
I thought a lot about my Cambodian brothers and sisters, who would have given everything to spend a Saturday afternoon in the Lord's house doing His work. That made me more grateful to be in the temple.
I thought of Allison, and her example to me of a disciple of Christ, that made me more determined to be worthy of her love and support.
I thought of my family and the support which they give me everyday no matter where I am. That made me realize that I am who I am because of them.
I thought of Dillon in the Lord's service. That made me a little jealous.
It was an amazing experience, I left the temple that day energized and ready to go. This week Vindie found out that she and Lincoln will have a daughter. I am so excited for her. She is such a stud. Her example of obedience and faith has been a pillar in my life. I couldn't be happier for her. Well, 11 days has turned into less than 2, Allison gets here so soon! I am really excited. We will be in the city on Friday, probably go to central park (it is going to be 40 degrees! so warm), maybe a few art museums and a play on broadway. Saturday night we have my 500th night ball (500 days until graduation, but for the record it really is 485 days till graduation) which will be awesome. We have never been to a dance together, I hope she is wearing closed toed shoes for her toes sake haha. Life is good, but I need to get to my haircut.
-dallin
if you are looking for a new band to listen to, try:
They are sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment